ACTA aims at contributing to the achievement of the highest indicators of integrity and transparency in the country, through many comptences including the following:
Mandates and Competences of ACTA
- Developing and implementing the national strategy to promote transparency and integrity in coordination with the concerned authorities in the State of Qatar.
- Implementing the United Nations Convention against corruption and relevant international conventions in order to ensure that the State of Qatar fulfills its international obligations in accordance with these instruments and becomes a leading and global model.
- Proposing and periodically reviewing draft national legislations on transparency and integrity in line with international obligations and best standards and practices.
- Developing internal systems related to transparency and integrity in the national agencies, following up the various developments in the field of administrative control and transparency and applying the latest control approaches and methods.
- Providing training and developing the capacity of government employees to detect and prevent corruption through the development of educational and training programs to sensitize government employees and train them to use advanced methods to this end.
- Receiving and verifying complaints and proposals related to the promotion of transparency and integrity.
- Developing educational programs and disseminating knowledge related to integrity and transparency and facilitating access thereto, as well as proposing procedures that contribute to defining corruption, its effects and the risk of its spreading.
- Strengthening international cooperation with regional and international bodies and organizations concerned with fighting corruption, sharing knowledge and participating in meetings, conferences and seminars on this subject.
Scope of competence of ACTA
ACTA shall exercise its competence in respect of the following:
- Ministries, other government agencies bodies and their affiliates.
- Public authorities and institutions and their affiliates.
- Private associations and institutions and other public benefit entities.